Wednesday, January 19, 2005

WRITE AN ESSAY FOR FIVE MARKS?

I know how bad it is..

.. to eat pizza at 11.30pm, and then plop promptly onto my bed.

"As the food accumulates in my primed-for-bedtime gastrointestinal tract, peristalsis slows and egestion and excretion back up. Increased absorption of lipids, sugars and the meager amino acids in that slice of pizza will occur, due to the lack of gravitational and peristaltic forces to accelerate the movement of food through the ileum. Due to the lowered metabolic rate during sleep, less respiratory substrates are removed from the bloodstream and the circulating food substances are eventually removed, broken down and have their carbon skeletons converted into fatty acids. The amphibolic Krebs Cycle is now skewed in favour of fatty acid accumulation. As the fatty acids accumulate in the adipocytes, they swell in size to a large extent, giving the external appearance of an extra fat layer surrounding the abdomen."

Ugh. Can you believe I'm blogging like a Biology essay???

the physiological effects remind me of Super Size Me, the anti-fast-food film Jan's such an ardent supporter of.

i cannot help it though; i need the food to eat the panadol to subdue the headache that's been raging for two straight days. ugh! Fat versus headache. Fat wins hands down; at least I can exercise it off, but I can't so much else for my throbbing head.

Now, excuse me while I go nurse my Panadol, head and extra fat tyre.

No comments: