Friday, January 28, 2005

BEST EXCUSES IF YOU GET CAUGHT SLEEPING IN YOUR CUBICLE

~ It's okay...I'm still billing the client.

~ They told me at the blood bank this might happen.

~ This is just a 15-minute power-nap like they raved about in the last time management course you sent me to.

~ I was working smarter, not harder.

~ Whew! Guess I left the top off the liquid paper.

~ I wasn't sleeping! I was meditating on the mission statement and envisioning a new paradigm!

~ This is one of the seven habits of highly effective people!

~ I was testing the keyboard for drool resistance.

~ I'm in the management-training program.

~ This is in exchange for the six hours last night when I dreamed about work!

~ I was doing a highly specific Yoga exercise to relieve work-related stress. Are you discriminatory toward people who practice Yoga?

~ Why did you interrupt me? I had almost figured out a solution to that problem you told me about yesterday.

~ The coffee machine is broke....

~ Someone must've put decaf in the wrong pot.

~ Boy, that cold medicine I took last night just won't wear off!

~ I was crosstraining for telecommuting.

~ Ah, the unique and unpredictable circadian rhythms of the workaholic!

~ I wasn't sleeping. I was trying to pick up my contact lens without hands.

*from the ever-inimitable Mikey's Funnies.

No comments: