Monday, October 11, 2004

thankfulness

many things to be thankful for.. chief above all i want to blog about my indo aunties coming to church with me and God's move in their lives. Kell, do not snort as you read yah. *haha*

first off: my grandaunt visited her 2nd doc, and he also says that there's no prob with her mammogram. so my very relieved grandaunt n aunt r now back in indo (they left today). yuppz.. got a msg from my aunt telling me they arrived safely.

second off: they came with me and my mum to church yesterday - for years and years and years my aunt has been away from God; she's not had an easy life in the interim and my mum shared that she felt that God "abandoned" her when she was going through the tough times in her life. she had been very hardened throughout her time in Indonesia and always refused to go to church even when many of my grandaunts had asked her to. so my mum n i were really very grateful when she agreed to come.. wow God's love really touched her heart as the moment she stepped into the auditorium on saturday night, her tears began to fall. by the time it was worship, she was sobbing like nobody's business. In all the years that this aunt stayed with my family, i had never seen her cry like that. both me and my mum were shocked. perhaps she was lamenting the many years she had spent away from His presence - after the svc she told my mum that she has lessened half the distance between her and God.. Amen! for ten years of anger, rebelliousness and resentment to be half done away with in two hours - it is really nothing short of a miracle. Through it all, she has realised that God's love, grace and mercy is always there for her. =) though she was still zui3 ying4 after the svc, i truly believe that a seed has been sown in her heart. yeah yeah!

third off: another thing that makes me very happy about the entire episode is how i've seen my mother growing in maturity as a believer yet again - from persuading my aunt to come to church to msging me to ask me to "follow up" on her on Sunday - wow, my mum has really come a long way from the "staunch anti-Christian" (her own words!) that she was a few short years ago. God's love and grace has truly made her a different woman. now, she makes it a point to go to church every Sunday morning, even when my dad sometimes grumbles, and attends Bible study and prayer meetings. Praise God! She is also more zealous for the works of God - telling me it's a good thing that people at my church take down notes and pay serious attention to the speaker, and telling me that she feels very proud that I serve God as an usher. *wow*.. those who have known me for long will know how amazing this is.. awwww... =)

*contented sigh* Thank God for a weekend of miracles!

No comments: