Thursday, August 26, 2004

randon rants

Writing on my morning commute to college.. have recently taken to the habit of lugging my laptop around and writing /doing work whenever I have time.. because there is simply too much work to be done. Heard I might be repeating j2 next year.. ouch.. anna n mag will prob have to go down to j1 cos both are having / wanting to have kids within the next year. Not that I mind or begrudge them the opportunity, just that I've realised how much more stressful j2 is than j1. also, if I'm j2 in 2005, it means j1 in 2006.. the first year of the new syllabus, ugh.

Hm, mrs foo is not here today.. her daughter's sick, heard from xz. Layhua's also half dead and wanting to go off at 2pm, so I'll be taking 73's practical for her.. angel was sick 2 days ago.. our entire unit is dropping like flies, hah! End-of-term-stress syndrome strikes again! For me, meanwhile, tension headaches continue, but I can't do anything about them except take panadol and try not to work so much (yeah right!) so jus have to 'tong' lor. =P

it's rather a bittersweet feeling, this.. having the last CT session, last prac session, last tutorial session, last lecture etc. on one hand, I am glad that term will be over soon and there'll be a respite from work, but on the other it's quite sad that my lovely classes will never be back again. Yes, of course, there's remedial and post prelim stuff but somehow, it will just not be the same. 70, 77, 78, 7B.. I will miss you guys for sure. I guess I will always hold you pp close to my heart cos you are my first batch.. I hope I will put in as much effort to get to know my subsequent students and be their friend too, but I don't know how realistic that will be. Will I become jaded and 'sian' like some of my teacher friends? Perhaps.. or maybe I will just become burnt out by the crushing (and squashing and squeezing) workload. Sigh, why am I burnt out and not my fats instead.. ahahaha.. I will try very hard to keep up with the kind of rapport I have with my classes now (hey, none of u can deny that I at least did TRY right, even if I din succeed so well.. =P) with my future batches.

It's that time of year when all grievances are forgiven, and all past mistakes and grudges fade into insignificance. Yesterday, during CT session, we had our last CT session of the year (and for my kids, their entire student career).. we had this 'thank you' card writing session, and I was pretty surprised to see that everyone had good things to thank each other for.. tho my class is cliquish at the best of times, I realised that throughout the 2 years, they did actually mix and mingle to some extent, and though at times there were vehement disagreements and strongly expressed opinions about each other, these have all paled into the background now. It really will be the way you remember your JC life, pp.. the good times rather than the bad, the fun rather than the work, and the friends rather than the enemies. Like the way I remember mine! =)

No comments: