Friday, August 13, 2004

letter to 70

Sigh.. upset about my good class again.. I think it's the first time in history that an S7 class has topped the 'long hu bang' for having to see P and VP wrt to academic results! Why on earth.. what a way to make history. It makes me feel frustrated and pek chek cos I really believe, people, that you can do MUCH better.. and I just can't understand why whatever I say with regards to working harder and pulling up socks does not seem to go in! I've tried everything I can think of - being nice, persuasive, scolding (not v good at it but i tried!), pleading, talking sense, talking nonsense.. but yet nothing seems to make my good CT wake up to the fact that THERE'S NO MORE TIME to horse around! 70 I do love you for your sense of fun and inquisitiveness, but there's a time for everything and a season for every purpose under heaven, and it's the season for studying, not playing anymore! It seems to me that the class is just going downhill with every block test. Come on people, you have the ability, it's just that you need to discipline your flesh and buckle down and just hit the books. And clarify doubts. And be serious in class. And learn to take responsibility for your own learning. Worry and fret though I might, in the end it's ultimately not my business but yours. The A level results belong to YOU, not to ME. You owe it to yourself not to be affected by your circumstances but to rise above them!

There are times I also wonder if you would do better if you had another tutor.. someone who could motivate you in a different way. I wonder if my 'friend-friend' approach is actually doing you more harm than good? Perhaps you culd be performing like 75.. shooting up to the top of the table all of a sudden.. for the Fear of Foo! But whatever it is, we are stuck with each other and we HAVE to see each other through to our common goal.. 'A's for the A levels! JIA YOU 70..

No comments: