Thursday, August 19, 2004

blogging addict!

hey hey.. i think i'm addicted to blogging.. haha.. as xizzy will testify, i was online till THREE, yes, THREE o'clock last night fiddling with my template and learning how to upload pics and so on. Oh boy.. and yet I'm STILL in school this morning.. ahaha.. i made myself a marquee (many thanks to xizzy's pics) and some scrolling thing across the bottom of the page with one of my fav songs. haha.. iYi will prob come after me and tell me I got the song lyrics wrong, which i probably have, but nvm.. I'm HAPPY. =D Next step: get myself a radioblog, once i figure out HOW to d/l n make the darn thing work.

spending lots of time reading other people's blogs right now, in an attempt to look for nice ideas n touches. Xiaxue's blog is very nicely done, and her posts are excellently funny - for those of you who have not yet heard / read of her, i put a link on. reading others' blogs, especially those deemed as very 'worth-reading', does make me wonder sometimes, though.. is it really necessary to use certains terms and write on certain subjects in order to be viewed by the general public as 'worth-seeing'? I'm sure no-one would consider what I write eminently readable, probably precisely because I'm so moderate in feeling and in expression, but everyone goes for blogs like Xiaxue's because she speaks her mind freely (and sometimes in rather strong language). Xiaxue if you ever do read this, I mean no offense, you're an excellent writer. I also know blogs are meant to be sites where we can express ourselves freely, but I've come to realise also that because they are public, and can and will be read by others, there has to be a certain amount of temperance and moderation to what what I personally would post. Brings to mind Romans 14:20-22 - not making others stumble - although we have the liberty to do anything we want, this liberty should be tempered by a love of others and a consideration of they would view what we've done/said/posted. Am I making sense? I don't know, but I think it's a personal conviction thing that I will continue to keep my posts moderate and try to be sensitive to how others feel. =)

No comments: